ActiTech values the earth—and its inhabitants. Our company exemplifies this commitment. Whether it is conducting business to reflect environmental responsibility, creating products that set a new standard for purity, or supporting charitable causes to help those in need, we recognize the significance of our impact on the world.
Sustainability is defined as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the needs of future generations. From a business perspective, sustainability requires the integration of environmental, social, and economic factors into commerce and decision-making. To this end, ActiTech is committed to reducing its environmental burden while increasing our economic and social benefits.
In keeping with the Sustainability Principles of the Personal Care Products Council, we strive to:
- Maintain the health, safety, and well being of employees, consumers, and the communities in which we conduct business.
- Incorporate responsibilities for environmental, economic, and social performance into our corporate governance structure.
- Understand and address the environmental, economic, and social impacts of their products throughout the product life cycles, including the supply chain and end-of-life.
- Manage their operations in an environmentally responsible fashion.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to continually improve environmental performance in ways that align with business goals.
- Encourage their suppliers and other value chain partners to take action on sustainability.
- Adhere to internationally recognized principles and norms of behavior concerning universal human and labor rights.
- Recognize and act on principles of economic responsibility throughout the value chain.
- Communicate clearly and transparently with stakeholders about our approach and actions related to sustainability.
At ActiTech, our core business delivers high-performance solutions that lead the industry in sustainable practices. ActiTech is the world’s exclusive provider of ActiPure®, the industry’s only dry-steam decontamination solution for product formulation. Through ActiPure’s proprietary technology, the heat, dry steam, and vacuum action work together to reduce bioburden cleanly and organically.
ActiTech’s dedicated sustainability programs include:
Our Commitment to Sustainability
- Aquatic: Oceana Funding Partnership
- Gained trawling protection for half million square miles of Pacific habitat
- Established shark management plan with Chilean government to curb finning practices
- Collaborated with Italian Coast Guard in the seizure of 300 kilometers of illegal driftnets
- Terrestrial: Botanical Research Institute of Texas Funding Partnership
- Global institute for the conservation and preservation of our botanical heritage
- Conserving the natural heritage and public understanding of plant biodiversity
ACTIGREEN™: Our Commitment to Social Responsibility
- Reduced our carbon footprint & CO2 output by over 77 tons
- Lights and computers turned off when not in use
- Capital expenditures to upgrade equipment energy efficiency
- Down-regulation of steam boilers during off-peak periods
- Replaced of bottled drinking water with filtered water dispensers
- “Go Paperless” e-mail based customer invoice system
- Replaced Styrofoam and other non-biodegradable packing materials
- Recycle all boxes, drums, paper, and cans
ACTISERVE™: Our Commitment to Community
- Funding children’s hospital at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center for craniofacial research
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure donor
- United Way Bella Vita Rejuvenation Center partners
- United Way Day of Caring for Seniors
- Food drive for the hungry
- Dravet Syndrome Foundation
- Masonic Lodge Race for the Children
- American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina victim partners
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Christmas giving program